Saturday, July 4, 2009

Village Visit


Above: The plane that I rode from the city to the island. (This photo is for my Dad, he loves planes)

Right: My friend's house (the one on the left)

Below: In front of the neighbor's house. A great place to rest and talk.
Above Left: Backyard. Looks like Africa doesn't it?!
Above Right: The community toilet.
The neighbor little girl. I am wearing a jilbab, a head covering for women from the majority religion.
My friend lived right across from the ocean. Beautiful!

One day my friend and I went walking through 'the jungle' (that is what she called it) and climbed up a cliff that overlooked the ocean. We each went to our own private spots so we could have some alone time. As I listened to the roars of the ocean and gazed upon the Father's amazing
beauty I was flooded with thoughts of Him. Thoughts of His goodness, His healing, His provision, His love, His guidance, His mercy, His sweetness, etc. . .

My heart felt at home in here. I was often reminded of Africa and I came to realize that I simply love village life.

After language school the plan is that I will move from my city to a different location. I am not sure where that location will be but currently it is looking like it will probably not be in a village. I am so thankful that I was able to get a glimpse of what village life is like here. However, my heart feels restless and sad at the thought of not living in a village.

Back to the cliff overlooking the ocean. . .

The Father reminded me of WHO He IS, WHAT He Has done, and HOW He is faithful. He spoke tenderly asking me to trust Him. He reminded me that it is okay if I don't understand the 'why's' but I need to believe that His plans/ways are best and are good.

As I reflected upon my feelings and thoughts I could not help but think about the Israelites in the wilderness. Here I am grumbling, thinking I know best, and lacking faith. In the meanwhile, the Father has faithfully guided and provided for me to this very point.

Will I not trust Him with everything? Will I not have His perspective on all things? Will I not believe Him completely?

I don’t know the plans for next year but I am asking the Father that no matter what the circumstances are: I will rest in the truth that His ways are better than my ways, that the grumbling will cease and joy will fill my lips and spirit, and that I will trust and believe wholeheartedly.