Today I went with one of my teachers to help out at an English Club. I enjoyed working with the children. We counted, practiced saying our name and how old we are, sang our ABC's, and sang If You're Happy and You Know Clap Your Hands. They also practiced writing and pronouncing new words. Lastly, I shared with them a story about the days of the week and about the season Fall. I think their favorite thing was receiving "American sugar cookies" which I made in the shape of a pumpkin thanks to my mother sending cookie cutters and orange sprinkles!Sunday, November 15, 2009
English Club
Today I went with one of my teachers to help out at an English Club. I enjoyed working with the children. We counted, practiced saying our name and how old we are, sang our ABC's, and sang If You're Happy and You Know Clap Your Hands. They also practiced writing and pronouncing new words. Lastly, I shared with them a story about the days of the week and about the season Fall. I think their favorite thing was receiving "American sugar cookies" which I made in the shape of a pumpkin thanks to my mother sending cookie cutters and orange sprinkles!